Friday, August 15, 2014

"I Believe" It's Going to be an Amazing Year

Thank you to Morah Kelly and Mrs. Mittleman's class for leading a great Kabbalat Shabbat today-- our first of the 2014-2015 school year. As you'll see below their "I Believe" statements are truly inspirational. Below you'll find Morah Kelly's words as well as the "I Believe" statements that were shared today.



Yasher Koach to Mrs. Mittleman’s 5th grade for leading a beautiful first Kabbalat Shabbat. As a part of their ledership each member of the class shared an “I Believe” statement. Our “I Believe” statements were inspired by the This I Believe project, which is an international organization engaging people in writing and sharing essays describing the core values that guide their daily lives. We were especially inspired by 6 year old Tarak McLain’s essay who shared 30 0f the 100 beliefs he brought in to share on his 100th day of Kindergarten. You can hear Tarak’s essay here.  As we work on building our on Kehillah (community) this year at Davis I think we should all carry with us Tarak’s words, “I believe we live best in a community.”




Here are 5A’s “I Believe” statements: 
I believe anything is possible – Shoshana
I believe we should be kind to everyone good or bad. – Jenny
I believe strength isn’t something you’re born with, it’s something you earn. – Hannah
I believe that happiness is true. -Samantha
I believe people should not bully other people. – Ava
I beliebe that people should be grateful for what htey ahve because some don’t have it. – Josh
I believe peace is real. – Max
I believe that we should use less fossil fuels. – Brandon Bohrer
I believe that everyone should recycle. – Sam
I believe that everything happens for a reason. – Kaden
I believe cars should run on electricity. – David
I believe that you shoudn’t be someone that you aren’t. – Jacob
I believe people should be themselves. -Brooke
I believe everyone should give to charity every day. – Rachel
I believe that everyone should be nice to each other. – Jessie
I believe that people should be who they are and be treated how they want to be. – Grayce
I believe this year is great! – Ezra

No comments:

Post a Comment