Wednesday, October 4, 2017

What it's all about

I was scrolling through Facebook and saw a post that reminded me what it's all about here at The Davis Academy. It was a post by one of our Davis Academy parents, Sean Coffey. I'm sharing it here with his permission.

It's amazing how our children teach us. Last night as I sat with my daughter helping her with homework, my mind kept thinking about the horror of Las Vegas. As I thought about all the hatred and evil in this world, she began to discuss Gimilut Hasadim which is Hebrew for "doing acts of loving kindness". I began to think about how little I think about this concept and how the world would be a better place if we all thought about this more. So I asked her to write me a note on my phone so I can remember the words and the meaning. 

Sean and I have talked about this before: the fact that Davis Academy parents have so many meaningful moments of learning from their children. Sometimes these moments have the effect of not only teaching us, but of giving us tremendous hope for the future. I'm grateful to Sean for letting me share his beautiful Facebook post which is such an authentic expression of what it means to be a part of The Davis Academy and how we live our values.

No comments:

Post a Comment