Thursday, November 6, 2014

Gifts from our Grandparents

The following is a compilation of Davis Academy Middle School reflections on their grandparents. In honor of Grandparents and Special Friends Day students had a chance to think about a life lesson they've learned from their grandparents, something they'd like to say to their grandparents, and why they are grateful for their grandparents. Their responses cover the spectrum of emotions and show how much our grandparents mean to all of us.



A life lesson I've learned from my grandparents is... 

... you can do anything, you just have to try.
... to appreciate what I have and not overuse it.
... if you make a mistake, don't make it again.
... to live life to its fullest, because you don't know what tomorrow holds.
... to do what you think is right and follow your dreams.
... to love life.
... always say please and thank you.
... to accept everyone for who they are; how important it is to work with other people.
... don't judge people by their looks.
... always live in the moment.
... to be grateful.
... if you use your money wisely you will have great adventures.
... your job should be what you like, not about the money.
... be happy, love one another, enjoy and cherish time together.
... treat others the way you want to be treated and always try your hardest.
... no matter how far away I am from them, we look at the same moon, and I am only a smile away.
... always be friendly and welcoming.
... how to appreciate nature and all things good in the world.
... to never waste food or anything.
... include everyone, honesty is the best policy, family is very important, seize the day, stand up for yourself and others.
... try to put a smile on your face even if you are unhappy.
... don't overcook hard boiled eggs or they'll explode.
... to follow my dreams, to not be influenced by other people, and not limit my opportunities for learning.
... choose your words carefully.
... to always be thankful for what I have. Also, they taught me it is good to eat a lot of food.
... to always stay happy and healthy.
... to not smoke.
... to help others in need.
... to be grateful for what I have.
... to be able to walk into something and tell myself I can do it.
... be active in your community.
.,. to be kind.
... to always love and care for others and put my family's needs before my own.
... to enjoy everything that I do.




Something I want to say to my grandparents is...

... thank you for supporting me and being optimistic all of the time.
... thank you for all the positive that you have put in my heart and soul and for all the wisdom that you have instilled in me.
... feel better and heal your body.
,,, I love going to the theater with you.
... I wish we could talk more.
... thank you for sharing your stories with me! Someday I will share them with my children.
... thank you for the times you have helped me through sorrow and for rejoicing when I'm happy.
... thank you for taking care of me when my parents needed help.
... I love you and miss you. I can't wait to see you all on winter break!
... thank you for inspiring me to try new things.
.,. I love and miss you. I wish you could've been here today.
... thank you for teaching me to donate my time, effort, and items to people and foundations that I can help.
... you have helped me to become the amazing person I am today.
... you are very cool.
... that I love them and I am so grateful for them. They are the best spoilers ever.
... thank you for raising amazing children. They have performed as amazing parents as well.
... thank you for showing me how to live life the best I can. Thank you.
... thank you for teaching me life lessons about love and kindness, and thank you for being great role models.
.,. I love you more than the sun and the stars. You are great and I don't know what I would do without you. "UR da best."
... even if I don't get to call you every day and say I love you... I do.
... How was your cruise? I love and miss you!



I am grateful for my grandparents because... 

... they taught me how to drive a boat.
... they taught me that the value of love is greater than the value of money.
... they are always there for me. They teach me so many things in life and its always fun to hear their stories.
... they always come to all of my activities to support me.
... they are really good at cooking and baking.
... they support me and understand me, even though they're far away.
... they gave birth to my mom and dad.
... they guide me in the right direction.
... they tell us what happened in the past before we were born.
.,. they treat me better than my parents!
... they taught me what unconditional love is.
... they look out for me and try to show me places.
... they are there for me and do their best to have a great life for me. They always love me and I will always know that.
... experience, lifetime, memories, stories, lessons, and ME.
... they are giving wonderful people who only want the best for me and my entire family.
... they always know what to say and when to say it.
... they have taught me the ways of the world.
... they are always there for me when I need support.
... they love me and are awesome.
... they teach me a lot of wisdom: to always smile, be happy, YOLO, and always try.
... they have survived a lot of bad things. I love them.
... they teach me lessons that my parents don't.
... I love spending time with them. They make everything special.
... they have given me the gift of memory. They live far away so I only see them once a year. When I see them I have the best smile on my face.
... they shaped me into the person I am today.
... they make a GREAT matzah ball soup.
... they take me to the mall in Texas... it's huge!
... I wouldn't have been born without them.
... they take the time to call all the time even though we live so far away from each other. And my grandma reads the books we have to read in class so that we can have discussions about them and it helps me in class.




1 comment:

  1. Your post touched me on a very deep level, Micah. I remember all memories I spent with my grandparents. Those are my most treasured experiences, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. If only I can bring back those moments, I will also tell them how much I love them and how grateful I am because they were a big part of my life. Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming post! I wish you all the best!

    Normand Redden @ The Perfect Home Care

    ReplyDelete