Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Collective Responsibility

On Monday I reminded our Middle School students that they are not only welcome but encouraged to approach me if they'd like to lead a Tefilah service for their Kehillah. It was a wonderful feeling to see several students approach me for more information. It takes a lot of courage for a middle school student to even acknowledge that they have the desire to assert themselves in a spiritual and religious context. The fact that they have the knowledge, the comfort, and the Ruach to do so is something that can't be taken for granted. Today I had a follow up meeting with one of those students. Seeing her level of dedication and the seriousness with which she is taking the opportunity has left me feeling deeply confident that we're doing right by our students and that the Jewish future will be in great hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment