Thursday, April 16, 2015

Six Words for the Six Million

Today our 7th grade students and their Jewish Studies teacher, Ms. Schwartz, led a beautiful Yom HaShoah commemoration. During the commemoration a number of students shared 6 word poems that they wrote in honor of the 6 million Jews that perished during the Holocaust. Here they are:

We are strong alone, stronger together. 

One small thing can change everything. 

We looked away, and people died. 

Pity the nation with evil leaders.

Don't kill me, I'm innocent.

Trains should never be so full.

It all started with broken glass. 

I have never been so hungry. 

Bad or good, life goes on.

My friends and family are gone. 

Save one, and save a world. 

Three years. Eleven Million People. Dead.

I'll remember you, no matter what. 

The power of good defeats evil. 

Why are you pushing me around?

Every survivor has a different story. 

One rock can make many ripples. 

My entire life changed that night. 

What could have been done, wasn't. 

Innocent people killed for being themselves. 

Lives gone, but memories aren't lost. 

How will we ever fix this?

We worried, we starved, we vanished. 

Don't let the light go out. 

Every ending has a new beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment